Friday, December 19, 2014

30 weeks. With (some) pictures that aren't from Instagram!

29w6d
How far along: 30 weeks 
27w6d     2lb 10oz and a week ahead in growth
Weight: 157 pounds. I am now 10 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight, so after losing 30 pounds that means I've gained 40 pounds! It's funny to explain that to people who didn't know I was so sick because they look at me like, 'Uh, there is not 40 pounds of extra weight on you.'
27w1d
Emotions: This past week I have been really emotional about getting closer to the end of pregnancy (I still have 10-ish weeks to go, so in reality I still have quite a while) and have really enjoyed being pregnant. It is still all sorts of uncomfortable, but I've been loving the routine I feel with baby girl's wild kicks right before going to bed and first thing when I wake up, seeing my belly grow and contort and be different every day as I rub oil on it, and having Vince look at me and my belly with a totally different kind of love than before. I know it'll be a whole new world of amazing when she is finally here, but I'm also loving these moments so much!
Nesting: I had my baby shower this past weekend and was hoping it would give me a bit more energy to get everything done, but it hasn't! I still have some of the motivation I mentioned at 27 weeks but I've been pretty tired the past few days and have wanted to do nothing but lay on the couch, which is what I've done. I'm mentally ready to get shit done, but not physically.
28w2d
Sleep: Still waking up frequently to go pee, but getting back to sleep right away. Luckily this is something that has not suffered very much! To update from 27 weeks, my iron levels are great but my thyroid level were off and I was taking too much of my medication so I had gone hypothyroid, which was making me exhausted. That's actually a good thing because I was able to reduce my medication! So since reducing that, I have been feeling much more awake and alert. But still lazy.

29w
Cravings: Chocolate still. I now have a chocolate milkshake or two a day with vanilla ice cream, milk, and cocoa powder and it's just what I need calorie-wise and chocolate-wise!
 Not pregnant...
Pregnant! 29w1d
29w2d
Movement: I was starting to notice a routine with her, but now that's all changed! On Monday I had an appointment with my massage/craniosacral therapist and mentioned that she was still breach. She did a couple things to encourage baby girl to move and to help her realize that she has a lot of space to move within my belly. Up until now, she has been firmly nuzzled into my left hip and has not wanted to move. She'd occasionally meander over to my right hip, but within hours would be back to my left. After seeing the therapist, though, she is not in either hip and is very much in my belly! The evening after the session and in the days that followed I've felt more movement than ever and they've been BIG movements, so I'm hoping she'll be closer to birthing position at my next ultrasound. It was really crazy to wake up Tuesday morning after the session, stand up, and feel my center of gravity had shifted drastically and they I was very front-heavy. It's been incredibly uncomfortable for me because I'm not used to carrying her this way and my stomach is really tight now, but I'm hoping it helps in the end!
29w3d The night of my session.

29w5d Two days after. I'm sure it's hard for people who aren't me to notice a difference, 
but she is now so much higher and sticking out! 
Wedding Ring On or Off: It's back on, bitchez!

Best Moment of the Week: My baby shower last Saturday! I'm surrounded by such awesome and amazing ladies and it was fun to hangout with all of them, and see friends throughout the week who weren't able to make it to the shower. So much love.

Looking Forward To: Christmas! We changed our big trip due to money and the realization that I don't want to sit in the car for long periods of time, so we'll be going to Vegas to eat a bunch of good food and see the Bodies Exhibit before heading to southern Utah for Christmas at some condos with my extended family.
29w5d
Panicking About: Keeping up with laundry once we have a baby. We haven't had a washer and dryer our entire almost six years of living here (aside from the 8 months we moved away and then moved back) so you'd think we have a system down, but nope! We let it pile up until we are out of stuff to wear. I've already noticed a huge change in my insistence to have a clean house and just do things as they need to be done (what a concept!) so I'm hoping that translates over to laundry as well and I just do it. 
29w5d Juicing!
What I Miss: Not spending a fortune on toilet paper. Ok, so it's not a fortune, but we almost go through a 12 pack a week now! Just because I pee tiny amounts each time doesn't mean I can use a tiny amount of toilet paper. 

Milestones: Appointments are now every two weeks since I'm in my last trimester! I'm not actually stoked about that because my appointments consist of my doctor asking how things are, me saying fine, them trying to tell me info I already know and them realizing I already know it, then me leaving. I know the belly checks and heart rate are important, but it still seems like such a waste of time!
We drove in a storm way early in the morning on Thursday just so my doctor 
could tell me to gain more weight. Productive use of our time!

1 comment:

  1. I still can't get over how much of a change that was!! Your belly looks totally different!

    I sometimes cheat and add a few days here or there between my appointments so I don't end up having quite as many. I think it saves me like two appointments per pregnancy ha.

    ReplyDelete